Categories of membership
Open to Music Information Centres (as defined in Article 6 of our bylaws) which are:
- Open to the public and operating on a non-profit basis;
- Well informed about the music and musical life of their country or region with the emphasis on music of our time;
- Promoting this music at home and abroad;
- Holding collections of music scores, recordings, reference materials etc, or providing information on how to access such materials;
- In existence for at least two years at time of application.
Open to other non-profit organisations (as defined in Article 7 of our bylaws) which:
- Support the principles and activities of IAMIC;
- Are not defined as a Music Information Centre according to the criteria above.
Open to for-profit organisations such as:
- Music publishers, record companies, artists agents, promoters, and other commercial bodies.
- Which support the principles and activities of IAMIC.
Honorary members are individuals elected by the general assembly at the proposal of the board in recognition of their long-standing and exemplary support for the association.
For further information on joining IAMIC, please contact us.